Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Warning... what follows is not running related

I gotta stop reading on the internet!

Man... those people are out there!

It's fascinating the stuff that's on the internet, and more importantly the junk people will believe.

The problem is, I read some of this stuff, and I want to argue with them!  They're dumb and don't even see it!!

Ok... I need to chill.

Let me explain.  This is all my boss's fault.

See, someone here at work can't get to a website from time to time.  It just messes up.  Now, I know it's irritating... but that's just how it is.  I mean... ever had a cd skip, an 8track of the older generation?  Ever seen the lights blip, had your DVR just go funky?

This is the way it is in an electronic age.  See... we don't really know how electricity works, that's why it's still called electrical theory.

But NO!  This is a problem that this user can't look at flashlights!  Boss gets involved.  Says, "well, yeah, I've got a few sites that mess up.  Let's get this stabilized so we can keep ahead of the problem."

huh?

So I says all calm like... well, do you have an example site that regularly has this, so I can see what happens?

Sure... go to eutimes.net.  That's European Union Times if ya hadn't been there before.  He suggested that after he said foxnews.com and I joked that my computer can't get to fox ever, just blue screens whenever I try.  So I click on eutimes.net

Here we go down the rabbit hole... But it loads fine for me?  Well, here, try this specific link...

That link was about the 15,000 Russians who are apparently going to be coming next week.  If you haven't heard the story, I wouldn't bother.  Same site, found another story about how aliens are living in the earth.  As in, underground, deep, only known to governments thanks to ground penetrating radar that is top secret.  I stopped there.

So I had to ask google (cause let's face it, google knows everything, right?) if eutimes was even really a site.  I mean... whoa, there's some crazy stuff there.  The site has a whole section devoted to survival and extinction!  Man and I left my tinfoil at home today!!

So when I googled "eutimes can't be real" I was flabbergasted at how many times it's articles are sited as source for forums.

I admit it... I clicked.

Ya ever had that kid on the playground that was just so full of it that you couldn't even stand to be near them?  I had flashbacks reading through some of that junk.

Now... don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying there aren't conspiracies, I'm not saying there are.  What I'm saying is, come on people, make sense!!

One article sourcing eutimes had an "internal communication in higher Russian ministry that US troops were planning a coup before the 2012 election..."

Back to google, curious now, is the whole Russian troop thing even real?  Found some articles claiming it debunked, one sited Snopes.com.  I love snopes... Love it when dumb stuff is exposed as well, dumb.  The comments below that article were about how you can't trust snopes, just go to this website and see how they proved you can't trust them!  The reason you shouldn't, it's only a husband and wife in their basement.  The site that claims you shouldn't trust them, run by one guy.

So here it is people... the internet is probably lying to you.  If they say they're not lying, they're really lying.  I'm serious.  Not lying at all.

Just in case you're curious... eutimes was founded out of California.

Now I'll admit this: I asked Google.  Google may be in on the conspiracy.  Sure... they hate Easter or whatever, so it's possible they hate liberty and love Obama and yatta yatta yatta.  Maybe this is what the Bible refers to when all things unknown will be made known?

It's just this people... the internet is full of bs.  Sorry to use colorful language, but it gives people the opportunity (admittedly like I am right now) to say whatever they want and then feel validated.  You hate Obama, great, here's a site to your liking... You think gay marriage is the best thing ever, here, look at this... whatever it is, you can find it on the internet.  That's all its there for anyways.  It wasn't designed for the processing of truth, merely information.  Information comes in lots and lots of forms, truth, misinformation, lies, fantasy, pure fiction.  I just wish sometimes there was a way to label each site as false or truth or something.  Maybe a litmus test before you can even put a site up?

That'd be interesting.  A little fascist admittedly, but interesting...

/rant.    <-[if you know html coding that makes sense.  if not, that was the end of my rant.]

2 comments:

  1. Here's to hoping eutimes and foxnews are necessary for the function of your boss' job. Otherwise, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know... you'd think so, but not so much. Remind me to tell ya some time about how abortion is causing the welfare system to fail. (Actual words he's spoken to me before...)

      Delete